Last Minute Mid-Summer Trips & Activities 2018
A few months ago, summer seemed so distant. But somehow, June has come and gone and many of us are in panic mode trying to make the most of what’s left of the summer. If you have yet to plan a summer getaway, you are not alone. But fear not - there’s still time to get off the couch and head out to enjoy the warm weather before the temps cool off. Whether you’re looking for a weekend getaway, impromptu day trip, or just fun activities to enjoy close to home, travel expert and award-winning television news reporter, Julie Loffredi, shares her favorite summertime trips, tips, and activities make this summer the best one yet!
Some of Julie’s tips include:
• Be Flexible. Last-minute travelers can still score great deals. Be flexible with travel dates and have better luck finding cheaper airline tickets and accommodations.
• Snack Attack: Whether your heading out for weekend trip, a day trip, or planning a local outing/activity, make sure you keep a few snacks in your bag for added energy and great to tie you over between meals.
• Stay Fresh: It’s hot out and sometimes you need a little burst of freshness throughout the day- keep mints on hand and pop one for a tiny burst of flavor!
• Set a Budget. Before booking, set a budget in advance. The good news? Summer is a great time to take advantage of the free outdoors!
• Sign-up for deal alerts: Sign up for e-mail updates from destination or attractions on your wish list, you'll get word of upcoming discounts and last-minute specials.