Holiday Survival Guide 2018
It is no doubt that the holiday season can be chaotic. From shopping for gifts and waiting on what seem like never-ending lines to ensuring that your travels are safe and on time, it’s be a lot to juggle. However, the holidays don’t always have to be stressful. Entertaining and lifestyle expert, Brooke Parkhurst will be available to discuss her personal tips and tricks to make sure your holiday season goes smoothly. Whether you’re looking for hosting hacks or alternatives to staying at relative’s already crowded homes, Brooke will share everything you need to keep those spirits bright.
Some of Brooke’s tips will include:
● Plan Travel Ahead of Time: The last thing you want is to miss the holiday celebration! Make sure to book your travels ahead of time to avoid any last-minute problems, such as your transportation or accommodations being over-booked.
● Protect Yourself: Winter weather can be unpredictable so it’s important to protect yourself against trip cancellation or interruption to avoid losing out on a substantial amount of money.
● Pick Two: If you’re entertaining, pick one good white and one good red wine to serve your guests. This makes it easy for you to be a good host and refill your guests’ glass, without interrupting the conversation.
● Mix It Up: Throwing a holiday party? Save yourself the time (and stress!) by serving a mix of store bought and homemade food.
Smart Holiday Travel Solutions w/ Julie Lofreddi
If you're traveling during the holiday season, there’s no doubt that so is everyone else. But don’t let long security lines and expensive accommodations get you down. Travel pro, Julie Loffredi, discusses how she beats the winter travel blues. She will provide tips on the latest tricks, tools and trends to arm yourself against the mania and keep the holiday cheer alive.
Some of Julie’s tips will include:
● Getaway: Melt away the season’s stress by treating yourself to a holiday getaway! With just a little research, a much-needed break can be not only the perfect treat but can be budget-friendly as well.
● Travel Tech: Make sure to prep your tablet for travel. There are countless apps you can download which will help to enrich your travel experience. Plus, kicking back and binging the latest show is a good way to pass the time during any unexpected delays.
● Hit the road: If you’re driving to your holiday destination this year, a long road trip can be hard on your car. Put the miles on someone else’s vehicle by renting one for your travels.
● Catch up: It’s easy to get caught up in the holiday chaos. Be sure to carve out time to catch up with family and friends who aren’t an easy car ride away.
● Shop and ship: During the holidays, consider sending unwrapped gifts in advance to your destination to lighten your load.
Holiday Gifts For Everyone and Every Budget
If you are like most consumers, the current economic environment and the high cost of heating your home this winter has you re-thinking your holiday shopping list. And, with holiday shopping now in full effect, what better time than now to start thinking about how you can save while still getting the perfect gift for everyone on your list.
TV Host and Consumer Trends Expert, Andrew Krasny, will share gift ideas to help stretch your holiday dollar. He will also discuss everything from the latest trends in gift giving to how to shop on a budget during a tough economy. With his tips, you’ll be sure to get through your holiday shopping list headache-free and
SOME OF HIS TIPS INCLUDE:
• FOR THE GAMER IN YOUR LIFE: What do you get the gamer who has every game? Take their gaming experience to the next level with top of the line gaming accessories like headsets and keyboards.
• LET OTHERS DO THE LEGWORK: Who doesn’t love receiving hand selected pieces for their wardrobe as well as the flexibility selecting how often to receive them and convenience of sending back what you don’t want to keep? Keep your friends and family looking stylish with a trunk of clothing!
• THE GIFT OF CHOICE: Give your loved ones a gift that allows them to buy whatever they want, whenever they want with a gift card. Besides, who doesn’t like money?
• LAST MINUTE GIFTS: It’s always a clever idea to have some last-minute gifts on hand. Keep a small supply of gifts like homemade jams, soaps, and a few well-priced bottles of wine.
• SHOP EARLY AND SMART! Shops sites that provide free shipping! And if you’re shopping brick and mortar, don’t be afraid to tell your salesperson you saw it online for a better price either!